Count nouns are things that are separate (you can count them). They have a singular and plural form. The verb must agree with the subject.
An apple is on the table.
Apples are delicious
Non-count nouns are objects that you cannot count because they are seen as one thing. They always take a singular verb.
Bread is on the table.
Bread is delicious.
Some common non-count nouns are foods and drinks.
Bread rice yogurt soda cereal
Margarine coffee water fruit salt
Spaghetti sugar juice meat milk
Other common non-count nouns:
Money time paper music snow
Fun hair homework mail news
1.- Subraya la respuesta mas apropiada:
EJEMPLO: Bread is made from flour/flours.
1. I need to buy three pizza/pizzas.
2. Do you want water/waters with your meal?
3. Gilbert is making soup/soups.
4. You are making sandwich/sandwiches for 20 people.
5. Silvia always eats tomato/tomatoes with her dinner.
6. We are tired of this food/foods.
7. I’ll have two baked potato/potatoes please.
8. Where are the cake mix/ cakes mixes?
9. Good nutrition/nutritions is important.
10. There are six food group/groups in the nutrition pyramid.
2.- Etiqueta cada palabra como COUNT o NON-COUNT: